DR. Rakesh Kumar
Ph. D. (IIT Kanpur)
Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +91 (0)535 270 4246
Fax: +91 (0)535 221 1888/221 7456
Chemical Engineering, 2010, IIT Kanpur, India.
Materials Science, 2005, IIT Kanpur, India
Chemical Engineering, 2002, HBTI Kanpur, India
- Nov-2011 to till date: Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering, RGIPT, Raebareli
- Sep- 2010 to Nov-2011: Senior Research Associate, Chemical Engineering, RGIPT, Raebareli
Scholastic Achievements Awards and Honors:
- MHRD Fellowship from 2003-2005 for pursuing M.Tech at IIT Kanpur
- MHRD Fellowship from 2005-2010 for pursuing PhD at IIT Kanpur
- Cash award (Rs 10,000/-) for paper publication in international journal at IIT Kanpur.
- “Young Researcher Award” to present the poster in International Symposium on Chemical Reaction Engineering (ISCRE21) held in June 13th to 16th 2010 at Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- Kshitiz Saini, S. Mani Reddy, Sumit Bhatti, Lokesh K Meena, Rakesh Kumar, “A comparison of various ionic liquids for CO2 capture from natural gas: A simulation approach” Best Poster Award at the World Petro Coal Congress-2013(WPCC), 15th – 17th Feb-2013, New Delhi, India.
- Ravi Prakash, Rahul Sharma, Rakesh Kumar “Extractive distillation of isopropyl alcohol & water: a comparative simulation study” Second prize in "Final B.Tech project competition" held at PDPU SPE Fest 2015.
- M.D Belal Haider, Rakesh Kumar “Experimental Study of Ionic Liquid Blends for CO2 Capture” ISTE–IPCL Best M.Tech. Thesis Award in Chemical Engineering– 2015, 45th Annual Convention of ISTE on 10th January, 2016.
Title of the project:
“CO2 capture using ionic liquids: experiments and molecular modeling”
Total Sanctioned Fund:
Department of Science and Technology (DST) India
LECTURES DELIVERD AT DIGBOI AND BONGAIGAON REFINERIES
- Chemical Process Modeling and Simulation
- CO2 Capture Techniques
- Advances in Biodiesel Production
- Process modeling, simulation and optimization
- CO2 capture using ionic liquids
- Advanced separation processes
- Ionic liquid catalysis
- Biodiesel Production
- Tamal Banerjee, Ranjan Kumar Sahoo, Swagat S.Rath, Rakesh Kumar, Ashok Khanna, “Multicomponent liquid –liquid equlibria prediction for aromatic extraction systems using COSMO-RS” , Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 2007, 46(4), 1292-1304.
- Rakesh Kumar, Anil Kumar and Ashok Khanna, “Synthesis, characterization and kinetics of AlCl3 supported on silica superacid catalysts for the formation of linear alkylbenzenes” Reaction Kinetics, Mechanisms and Catalysis, 2012, 106(1) 141-155.
- Rakesh Kumar, Anil Kumar, Ashok Khanna, “Efficient Homogeneous and Supported Ionic Liquid Catalysts for Production of Linear Alkylbenzenes” Catalysis in Industry, 2015, 7(3), 188–197.
- Kshitiz Saini, S. Mani Reddy, Sumit Bhatti , Lokesh K Meena, Rakesh Kumar, “A comparison of various ionic liquids for CO2 capture from natural gas: A simulation approach” World Petro Coal Congress-2013, 15th – 17th Feb-2013, New Delhi, India.
- Abhishek Sharma, Kshitiz Saini, Rakesh Kumar, “Ionic Liquids for CO2 Capture: A Simulation Approach”, CHEMCON-2012, 27th -30th Dec-2012, Jalandhar, India.
- Kshitiz Saini, Abhishek Sharma, Rakesh Kumar, “Process modeling and simulation of CO2 capture using ionic liquid Solvent” 10th International Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition (PETROTECH-2012), 14th -17th Oct-2012, New Delhi, India.
- Nitin Soni, Abhishek Mandal, Kshitij Saini, Rakesh Kumar “Process simulation of H2S removal from the natural gas” Offshore India/Unconventional Oil & Gas India, 14th -16th Sep- 2011, Mumbai, India.
- Rakesh Kumar, Anil Kumar, Ashok Khanna “Synthesis of supported aluminum chloride and chloroaluminate ionic liquid catalyst for alkylation of benzene” International Symposium on Chemical Reaction Engineering (ISCRE-21), 13th -16th June-2010 Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- Babar Sharfuddin, Rakesh Kumar “CFD studies of trickle bed alkylation reactor” GLS-8, 16th – 19th Dec, 2007, IIT Delhi, India.