Dr. Amritanshu Shukla
Ph.D (I.I.T., Kharagpur)
Associate Professor, Physics
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
||Ph.D (Physics) (2005)
||-IIT Kharagpur, India
||M.Sc (Physics) (1999)
||-Lucknow University India
||B.Sc (Physics) (1997)
||-Lucknow University India
Previous Positions Held
||-Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Rae Bareli, UP, India
||-Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad India
||-University of Rome/Gran Sasso Lab, Rome, Italy
||-University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
||-Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar, India
Awards & Honors
- Best poster award at 7th World Renewable Energy Technology Congress & Expo-2016 held at Convention Centre-New Delhi City Centre, Parliament Street, New Delhi, India (Aug 2016).
- Best Teacher Award by institute (2013-2014).
- Best poster award at International Conference on Emerging trends in Science & Technology & its Impact on Environment & Society held at AISECT University, Bhopal (during 15th to 17th February, 2014).
- Best poster award at 4th World Renewable Energy Technology Congress & Expo-2013 during 25th to 27th September, 2013 held at Convention Centre-New Delhi City Centre, Parliament Street, New Delhi, India.
- Category ‘A’ speaker of Theoretical Physics Seminar Circuit to deliver talks at various research institutes in India (2004-2006).
- Department of science and Technology (DST), Government of India, Award of Young researcher for Participation in the Meeting of Nobel Laureates and Students in Lindau, Germany in June 2004.
- National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) organized by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) in 2000 securing position among top Physics JRFs of the country.
Research & Academic Interests
- Theoretical Nuclear Physics
- Development and Simulation of Thermal Energy Storage Materials
- Physics of Renewable energy systems
Selected Publications (in last 5 years):
- Nuclear structure studies using relativistic mean field theory in mass region A~130 by A Shukla, Sven Aberg and Awanish Bajpeyi (Accepted with Journal of Physics G, in Press).
- Study of the (p,γ) and (α,γ) rates for 96,98,104Ru and 112,114,116Sn at astropysically relevant energies by Awaneesh Bajpai, A. Shukla, A. Kenning and, Sven Aberg (Accepted with Physics of Atomic Nuclei, in Press).
- Systematic study of Bubble Nuclei in Relativistic Mean Field Theory by A Shukla, Sven Aberg and Awanish Bajpeyi in Physics of Atomic Nuclei 79, 1 (2016).
- Systematic study of Proton capture rates for Mo and Cd isotopes by Awaneesh Bajpai, A. Shukla, A. Kenning and, Sven Aberg in European Journal Of Physics A51, 12 (2015).
- Deformed bubble nuclei in light mass region by A Shukla and Sven Aberg in Phys. Rev. C89, 014329, (2014).
- Nuclear Structure and Reaction studies of Even-Even Oxygen isotopes by A. Shukla, S. Aberg and S. K. Patra, in Journal of Physics G: Nucl. Part. Phys 38, 095103 (2011).
Physics of renewable energy systems
- Solar greenhouse with thermal energy storage: A review by A. Shukla, Karunesh Kant and Atul Sharma in Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reports (Accepted, in press).
- Ternary mixture of fatty acids as phase change materials for thermal energy storage by Karunesh Kant, A. Shukla and Atul Sharma in Energy Reports (Accepted, in press).
- Cooling methodologies of photovoltaic module for enhancing electrical efficiency: A review by A. Shukla, Karunesh Kant, A. Sharma and Pascal Henry Biwole in Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 160, 275 (2017).
- Numerical simulation of fatty acid as phase change material for thermal energy storage by Karunesh Kant, A. Shukla and A. Sharma in Journal of Energy storage, Volume 6, 153 (2016).
- Thermal modelling of photovoltaic panels for numerical simulation and their experimental validation by Karunesh Kant, A. Shukla, A. Sharma and Pascal Henry Biwole in Solar Energy, 134, 147 (2016).
- Heat Transfer Studies of Phase Change Materials (PCMs) Coupled With Photovoltaic Panel by Karunesh Kant, A. Shukla, A. Sharma and Pascal Henry Biwole in Solar Energy 140, 151 (2016).
- Thermal Energy storage based solar drying systems: A review by Karunesh Kant, A. Shukla and A. Sharma, Anil Kumar & Anand Jain in Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies 34, 86(2016).
- Thermal Cycle Test of Binary Mixtures of Some Fatty Acids as Phase Change Materials For Building Applications by Atul Sharma and A. Shukla, in Energy and Buildings 99, 196 (2015).
- Latent Heat Storage through Phase Change Materials: An innovation that can change our lives by A. Mishra, A. Shukla and A. Sharma in Resonance: Journal of Science education, 20, 532, Issue 6 (2015).
- Development of phase change materials for bio medical applications by A. Shukla, Atul Sharma, M. Misra and C. R. Chen, in Journal of Medical Engineering and Technology 363, 39, Issue 6, (2015).
- Development of Phase Change Materials (PCMs) for Low Temperature Energy Storage Applications by Atul Sharma, A. Shukla, Chang R Chen, Tsung N Wu, in Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments 7, 17 (2014).
- Development of Phase Change Materials for Building Applications by Atul Sharma, A. Shukla, C.R.Chen and S. Dwivedi in Energy and Buildings 64, 403, (2013).
Energy Security & Sustainability: Present and Future (published with CRC press/Taylor & Francis Publishing USA, ISBN 9781498754439).
3 DST sponsored projects completed (including an international project). 2 sponsored projects ongoing.
Membership of Professional Societies/groups
- Life Member of Indian Physics Association.
- Life Member of Indian Physical Society.
- Life Member of Indian Society of Technical Education.
- Life Member of Solar Energy Society of India.
- Life Member of Indian Institute of Public Administration.
- Life member of Italian society of Physics.
- Associate member of European Center for Theoretical Studies in Nuclear Physics and Related Areas (ECT) in Trento (Italy).