Dr. Koushik Guha Biswas
Ph.D. (IIT Kharagpur)
Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Ph.D., 2010-2015, Chemical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
M.Tech., 2008-2010, Chemical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
B.Tech., 2004-2008, Chemical Engineering, Heritage Institute of Technology (West Bengal University of Technology), West Bengal, India
Assistant Professor in Chemical Engineering at RGIPT since 1st December 2015
Multiphase Flow, Process Intensification, Mass Transfer, Liquid-liquid Slug Flow, Fluid Mechanics, Reaction Engineering, Nano Catalysis, Petroleum Refining.
- Project titled: “Application of Gels for Water Shut-off and Profile Modification Jobs in Hydrocarbon Bearing Reservoirs” to DST (SERB) as Co- Principal Investigator.
- Project Title: Investigation of Slug Flow manifested Enhanced Mass Transfer and Reaction Kinetics in Microreactors to Department of Science and Technology (SERB, EMR Scheme) as Principal Investigator (PI).
- Project Title: Design and development of in-line static mixers for potential oilfield applications to Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate change, Government of India as Principal Investigator (PI).
Fluid Mechanics, Chemical Process Technology, Advance Transport Phenomena, Numerical Reservoir Simulation.
- Joint Secretary of APCEC 2017 organized by RGIPT on 24-25 March 2017.
- M.N. Rao memorial lecture by Prof. K.S. Gandhi at IIT Kharagpur, 2010
- Organizing committee of Chemcon at HITK, Kolkata, 2007
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS: 18
Title: A continuous flow with miniature sized conduits for intensification of processes in reactors, K.Guha Biswas, J.K Basu, S.Ray, G.Das. File Number: 990/Kol/2013.
Publications in International Journals
- Role of Biodiesel in Indian Renewable Energy, K.G. Biswas, L. Das, Current sustainable/Renewable Energy Reports (Springer), Vol 3, 2016, pp 67-71.
- Mass transfer characteristics of liquid-liquid flow in small diameter conduits, K. Guha Biswas, G. Das, S.Ray, J.K. Basu, Chemical Engineering science, 122 (2015) 562-661.
- Effect of flow orientation on liquid-liquid slug flow in a capillary tube, K. Guha Biswas, R. Patra, G. Das, S. Ray, J.K Basu, Chemical Engineering Journal , 262 (2015) 436-446.
- The use of bends for enhanced mass transfer during liquid-liquid flow through milli channels, K. Guha Biswas, G. Das, S. Ray, J.K. Basu, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 84 (2015) 876-892.
- A simple flow device for enhanced mass transfer in reduced dimensions, K. Guha Biswas, S. Ray, G. Das, J.K. Basu, Chemical Engineering Journal, 279 (2015) 973–982.
- The influence of bends on liquid-liquid flow through reduced dimensions, K.Guha Biswas, S. Majumdar, G. Das, S. Ray, Chemical Engineering Journal, 281 (2015) 995–1007.
- Methanol and Dimethyl ether: Alternative to Existing Fuels, K.G. Biswas, A.K. Choubey, L.Das, Chemcon 2016.
- Development of a novel static mixer for potential oilfield applications, K.G. Biswas, T. Sharma, L.Das, Chemcon 2016.
- Photocatalytic Degradation of Malachite Green using Nano Titania Catalyst, L. Das, K.G. Biswas, T.Sharma, Chemcon 2016.
- Preparation and Characterization Titania-Zirconia Nano composite catalyst and Application for Photo Degradation of Malachite Green, L Das, K.G. Biswas, A.K. Choubey, Chemcon 2016.
- Efficient method to fabricate micro-fluidic reactors, U.Kumar, K.G. Biswas, D.Panda, APCEC 2017.
- Treatment of phenolic effluent by photocatalytic reaction, L.Das, U. Kumar, K.G. Biswas, APCEC 2017.
- Mass Transfer during liquid-liquid slug flow through millimeter size channels, K. Guha Biswas, S. Srivastava, S. Ray, J.K. Basu, G. Das, Chemcon 2011.
- Hydrodynamic Investigation of Gas-Liquid flow through pipe fittings in mill channels, K. Guha Biswas, R.V. Chakradhar, J.K. Basu, G. Das, Schemcon 2012.
- Liquid-Liquid flow through tubes and tube fittings in milli channels, K. Guha Biswas, S. Majumdar, J.K. Basu, G. Das, Chemcon 2012.
- Liquid-Liquid slug flow through helical coils - a means of process intensification, K. Guha Biswas, M. Thakur, G. Das, J.K. Basu , Chemcon 2013.
- Process intensification in liquid-liquid slug flow through capillaries, K. Guha Biswas, J. K. Basu, S. Ray, G. Das, ISHMT-ASME; Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, 2013.
- Interrogating the effect of bends on liquid-liquid slug flow in capillaries – a means for process intensification, K. Guha Biswas, J. K. Basu, S. Ray, G. Das, International Conference of Multiphase Flow (ICMF), 2013.
- Delivered invited talk on “Process intensification in micro to nano channel geometries” at Fourth International Conference on Nanostructured Materials and Nanocomposites (ICNM 2017), Kottayam, Kerala, February 2017.