DR. MANOJ KUMAR RAJPOOT
Ph. D. (IIT Kanpur)
(Assistant Professor, Mathematics)
Room No. 203
Email: email@example.com,, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No: +91 8090184980
Numerical analysis of partial differential equations,
Computational/Geophysical fluid dynamics
Scientific computing and data assimilation techniques
Ph. D., IIT Kanpur, Kanpur, 2013
M.Sc., IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, 2006
Assistant Professor, RGIPT, Rae Bareli, April 2013 – present
Assistant Professor, LNMIIT Jaipur, December 2012 – March 2013
Research Associate, Department of Aerospace Eng., IIT Kanpur, March 2012 – December 2012
FUNDED RESEARCH PROJECTS
Title: Well-Posed Formulations and Operator Splitting Techniques for Solving Large Scale Rotary Flows: Theoretical and Computational Studies
Manpower: 1 JRF
Funding Agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) under Early Career Research Award Scheme for the period of three years (2016-2019)
Mr. Praveen Kumar Maurya (joined on July, 2015)
PUBLICATION IN PEER REVIEWED INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS:
- Manoj K. Rajpoot, Dispersion analysis of Robert-Asselin type filters for linear non-dispersive and dispersive systems, Computers & Fluids, V. 130, 49, 2016.
- T. K. Sengupta, Y. G. Bhumkar, Manoj K. Rajpoot, V. K. Suman and S. Saurabh, Spurious waves in discrete computation of wave phenomena and flow problems, Applied Mathematics and Computation, V. 218, 9035, 2013.
- Manoj K. Rajpoot, S. Bhaumik and T. K. Sengupta, Solution of linearized rotating shallow water equations by compact schemes with different grid-staggering strategies, Journal of Computational Physics, V. 231, 2300, 2012.
- T. K. Sengupta, Manoj K. Rajpoot and Y. G. Bhumkar, Space-time discretizing optimal DRP schemes for flow and wave propagation problems, Computers and Fluids, V. 47, 144, 2011.
- Y. G. Bhumkar, Manoj K. Rajpoot and T. K. Sengupta, A linear focusing mechanism for dispersive and non-dispersive wave problems, Journal of Computational Physics, V. 230, 1652, 2011.
- T. K. Sengupta, Manoj K. Rajpoot, S. Saurabh and V. V. S. N. Vijay, Analysis of anisotropy of numerical wave solutions by high accuracy finite difference methods, Journal of Computational Physics, V. 230, 27, 2011.
- Manoj K. Rajpoot, T. K. Sengupta and Pravir K. Dutt, Optimal time advancing dispersion relation preserving schemes, Journal of Computational Physics, V. 229, 3623, 2010.
PARTICIPATION IN NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS:
- Recent trends in HPC (Poster presentation), Manoj K. Rajpoot, V. K. Suman, Y. G. Bhumkar, N. Hussian, V. V. S. N. Vijay, In: Proceedings of the Asian Technology Information Program (ATIP) Supercomputing 2009 (SC009), 2009, Portland, Oregon (USA).
- Participated in Monsoon School and Conference on Data Assimilation held during July 04 - 23, 2011, ICTS and TIFR-CAM, Bangalore.
- Participated in 27th Annual conference of Ramanujan Mathematical Society held during October 20-23, 2012, New Delhi.
- Participated in International Conference on Conservation Laws and Applications held during July, 01 - 03, 2013, TIFR-CAM, Bangalore, India.
- Participated in the workshop on Discontinuous Galerkin Methods for Time Dependent Problems held during July, 04 - 06, 2013, TIFR-CAM, Bangalore, India.
- Participated in Advanced Instructional School on Theoretical and Numerical Aspects of Inverse Problems held during June, 16 - 28, 2014, TIFR-CAM, Bangalore.
- Participated in Advanced Workshop & Conference on Hyperbolic PDEs: Theory, Numerics & Applications held during December, 01 - 11, 2014, LNM Institute of Information Technology, Jaipur, India.
- Participated in Workshop on Mimetic Spectral Element Method held during March, 23 - 28, 2015, IIT Kanpur, India.
- Summer research visit to High Performance Computing Lab (HPCL), Dept. of Aerospace Eng., IIT Kanpur, during May, 15 – July, 15, 2015.