DR. MILAN KUMAR
Ph.D. (University of Tennessee, Knoxville)
Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering
University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK), USA, 2011
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, 2006
Dec’ 2013 – Present: Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering, RGIPT, RaeBareli,
Feb’ 2013 – Nov’ 2013: Post Doctoral Research Assistant, Chemistry, IISER, Pune.
- Low and high temperatures polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells
- Chemistry and transport properties of ionic liquid doped membrane using quantum chemistry calculations
- Vanadium redox flow batteries
- Process intensification
AWARD AND HONORS
- ESPN Fellowship by College of Engineering, UTK, 2010 – 2011.
- Outstanding graduate student award by College of Engineering, UTK, 2010.
- Graduate research assistantship in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, 2007 – 2011.
FUNDED RESEARCH PROJECT
“Energy storage/production using vanadium redox flow batteries: experimental and computational studies”- approved by DST under Start-Up research grant
SHORT COURSES FOR REFINERIES (DIGBOI, BONGAIGAON, GUWAHATI, AND NUMALIGARH)
- Catalytic reactor design
- Process Intensification in Petroleum Refining
- Hydrogen based fuel cell
PUBLICATIONS IN PEER REVIEWED INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
- M. Kumar and A. Venkatnathan; Quantum Chemistry Study of Proton Transport in Imidazole Chains, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2015, 119, 3213.
- M. Kumar and A. Venkatnathan; Mechanism of proton transport in ionic liquid doped Perfluorosulfonic acid membranes, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2013, 117, 14449.
- M. Kumar, B. J. Edwards, and S. J. Paddison; A macroscopic model of proton transport through the membrane-ionomer interface of a polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell, J. Chem. Phys., 2013, 138, 064903.
- M. Kumar and S. J. Paddison; Side-chain degradation of PFSA membranes: An ab initio study, J. Mater. Res., 2012, 15, 1982.
- C. Wang, J. K. Clark II, M. Kumar, and S. J. Paddison; An ab initio study of the primary hydration and proton transfer of CF3SO3H and CF3O(CF2)2SO3H: Effects of the hybrid functional and inclusion of diffuse functions, Solid State Ionics, 2011, 199-200, 6.
- S. Rajan, M. Kumar, M. J. Ansari, D. P. Rao, and N. Kaistha; Limiting gas liquid flows and mass transfer in a novel rotating packed bed (HiGee), Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 2011, 50, 986.
PAPER PRESENTED IN NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
- M. Kumar, B. J. Edwards, and S. J. Paddison, Macroscopic model of proton transport through the membrane-ionomer interface, 2011 AICHE Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, MN, USA.
- M. Kumar and S. J. Paddison, Ab initio calculations of chemical degradation of PFSA membranes, 218th ECS Meeting, 2010, Las Vegas, USA.
- M. Kumar and S. J. Paddison, Chemical degradation of the side chains of PFSA membranes: an ab initio study, 2009 AICHE Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN, USA.
- M. J. Ansari, M. Kumar, D. P. Rao, and N. Kaistha, Mass transfer studies on a novel rotating packed bed (Higee), AICHE, The 2007 Spring National Meeting, Houston, TX, USA.
- M. Kumar, D. P. Rao, and N. Kaistha, Limiting gas-liquid flows in a novel rotating packed bed (Higee), CHEMCON 2006 (Indian Chemical Engineering Congress), Bharuch, India.