Dr. Rohit Bansal
Ph.D (IIT Roorkee)
Accounting & Financial Management
Department of Management Studies,
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology,
(Institute of National Importance and Act of Parliament)
OIDB, Bhawan, Second Floor, Noida- Sector-73
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +91-9650477082, +91-9927285001
Office: 0120-2472631 Extn: 2631
Ph.D (Finance) (2014) - Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India
MBA-Hons (Finance)(2009) - Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow
M.Com (Finance) (2007) - Chuadhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
B.Com (Finance) (2005) - Chuadhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
UGC NET & JRF (Commerce & Management )
(2009) - University of Grant Commission, New Delhi
July 2013 to present – Faculty, Accounting & Finance, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Rae Bareli, UP, India
July 2009 to July 2010 - Lecturer, Finance, Radha Govind Engineering College, Meerut, India
Jan 2009 to June 2009 - Management trainee, Linxmart Pvt.Ltd, Okhla, New Delhi, India
AREA OF RESEARCH
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Financial accounting and Practices
- Financial Derivatives
- Initial Public offerings
- Banking valuation
- Corporate Finance & Equity valuation
- Behavioural Finance
- Energy & Commodity Derivatives
AWARDS & HONORS
- National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) organized by University Grant Commission (UGC) in 2009.
- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) by University Grant Commission (UGC) in 2012.
ACADEMIC INTERESTS & AREA OF SPECIALISATION
- Financial Accounting and Practices
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Financial management
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Financial Derivatives
- Corporate Finance
- Oil and Gas Accounting
REVIEWER OF THE FOLLOWING JOURNALS
- Journal Of Financial Risk Management Published By SCRIP, China
- Journal Of Business And Management, Springer Group
- Journal Of Management And Behaviour Science, Canada
- International Journal Of Commerce And Management
- British Journal Of Economics, Management & Trade
- Life Member of the Indian Econometric Society (TIES).
- Rohit Bansal (2015), "A comparative study of financial performance: analysis of selected Indian it companies during 2010-2014, The IUP Journal of Accounting Research & Audit Practices.
- Rohit Bansal (2015), “Comparative Financial Performance Analysis Of Indian Oil Companies During 2010-2014", Archives of Business Research (ABR), London (Submitted).
- Rohit Bansal (2015), “Financial analysis of selected Indian gas distribution companies during 2009- 2013”. Elixir Fin. Mgmt. 78 (2015) 29597-29605.
- Sanjay Kar, Saroj Mishra & Rohit Bansal (2015), “Drivers of Green Economy: An Indian Perspective”Environmental Sustaninability, Springer India 2015.
- Rohit Bansal (2014), “Comparative Analysis of the Financial Ratios of Selected Banks in the India for the period of 2011-2014”. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, Vol.5, No.19, Pg, 153-169.
- Rohit Bansal (2014), “A Comparative Financial Study: Evidence from Selected Indian Retail Companies,” Journal of Finance and Investment Analysis, Vol. 3, No.3, 2014, 13-35.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna, (2014), “Vector auto-regressive analysis of determinants of IPO underpricing: empirical evidence from Bombay stock exchange, Sage publication, global business review, (SCI-Index), Vol.14, No.4, pp. 651-689.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna, (2013), “High credit rating IPOs and determinants of underpricing, Journal of Economics and International finance, Vol.5, No.4, pp. 131-138. DOI: 10.5897/JEIF12.079.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna, (2013), “New Firm’s measures at the initial performance of Indian IPOs: A Binary probit Analysis, African journal of business management, Vol.5, No. 35, pp. 3504-3515. DOI: 10.5897/AJBM12.1181.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna, (2013), "Does High Credit Rating IPOs Influence the Determinants of Underpricing? – A Logit Analysis" The IUP Journal of Financial Risk Management, Vol IX, No.4, pp. 19-31.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna, (2012), “Determinants of IPOs Initial return: Extreme analysis of Indian market”, Journal of financial risk management, Vol.1, No.4, pp.68-74, DOI: 10.4236/jfrm.2012.14012.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna, (2012), “Effect of Market Crisis of financial efficiency on Underpricing: An VAR overview of Indian IPOs”, European journal of business management, Vol.4, No.14, pp. 01-19.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna, (2012), “Determinants of Initial public offerings (IPOs): Extreme OLS Analysis”, Financial management, Vol. 53, No.10, pp. 12065-12070.
- Anurag Joshi and Rohit Bansal (2012), “Human Asset Management: A Strategic Approach for Competitive Advantage”, Asia Pacific journal of research in business and management, Vol.3, No.10.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna, (2012), “Analysis of IPO underpricing: Evidence from Bombay stock Exchange”, International journal of research in commerce, economics and management, Vol 5, Issue.7.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna,. (2012), “Bank Finance to SMEs: Policies & Issues”, International journal „ Prabandhan‟ CMD journal of management ISSN. 2229-5267, Vol.4, No.1, pp-05-14.
- Rohit Bansal and Mansi Rastogi (2012), Does Psychological Climate predict performance of Professors in Educational Institutions?”A study on Private Professional Educational Institutions in India, Handbook of management and behavioral Science, Vol. 7, ISBN. 978-93-81505-37-3.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna, (2012), “Post Indian stock market’s crisis and its impact on IPOs underpricing: Evidence from 2008-2011”. Asian journal of management research, ISSN- 2229-3795, Vol.3, No.1. pp. 01-11.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna, (2012), “Impact of financial efficiency on IPO underpricing”, DOMS, IIT Roorkee, Full paper Conference proceedings, ISBN; 978-93-81583-46-3.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna, (2012), “Does ownership structure affecting IPO underpricing: A case of Indian stock market”, International journal of business economics and management research, vol.3, no.5, pp.39-51.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna, (2012), “Analysis of IPOs underpricing: A case after Indian stock market‟s crisis”, Gurukul business review, Vol.8, No. 1, pp-30-44.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu Khanna, (2012), “Pricing mechanism and IPO Underpricing: Evidence from BSE (2007-2009) in-“International Journal of Research in Finance & Marketing (ISSN: 2231-5985), Vol.1, PP.01-13.
- Rohit Bansal and Mansi Rastogi, (2012), “What is the priority of Today’s Indian Woman Professionals”? Career or Family: A study of decisions on Work Life Balance - International Journal of Research in IT & Management (ISSN: 2231-4334), Vol.1, PP.02-09.
- Rohit Bansal, Book published entitled “IPO Underpricing”, In LAMBERT academic international publishing house, Australia. ISBN- 978-3-659-19141-1 in April, 2012.
- Rohit Bansal, Published book review in international journal “Prabhandhan‟ to cost and management accounting. ISBN (0921-021-5622) in December 2010.
- Attended 2nd Biannual Oil and Gas International Conference on City Gas Distribution- Opportunities & Challenges, Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi on August 28th 2015.
- Attended Seminar on “Water Resources Management for Sustainable Development”, organized by Petrofed, 5th June 2015, New Delhi.
- Senior Management Meet on Implications of the Union Budget 2015 onthe Oil & Gas Sector on March 2, 2015 at the Shriram Hall, PHD House, 4/2,Siri Institutional Area, August Kranti Marg, New Delhi Attended Seminar on “Implications of the Union Budget 2015 on the Oil & Gas Sector”, organized by Petrofed, 2ndMarch 2015, New Delhi,
- Attended National Seminar on “Awareness and Implementation of ISO 50001 in Oil & Gas Sector”, organized by Petrofed & PCRA, 19-20 January 2015, New Delhi.
- Lecture on 'Oil Market Watch & Outlook' by Mr. Johannes Benigni,Chairman & Founder, JBC Energy Group on Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 1500hrs.
- The International Symposium on Biofuels and Bio-energy : Enablers for Sustainable and Scalable Solutions on November 17-18, 2014 at the Desire Hall, Hotel Le Meridien, Janpath, New Delhi - 110 001.
- Guest Lecture on 'India's Economic Revival and the Associated Reforms'by Prof. Pranab Banerji, Professor of Economics, Indian Institute of Public Administration, on November 4, 2014 at 1530 hrs. at the Shriram Hall, August Kranti Marg, New Delhi-1100016.
- Senior Management Meet on Implications of the Union Budget 2014 onthe Oil & Gas Sector on July 11, 2014 at the Crest Hall, 'The Metropolitan'Hotel, Bangla Sahib Road, New Delhi.
- The New Regime: Expectations and Prospects of the Economy by Prof. B.B. Bhattacharya former Vice Chancellor, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at the Shriram Hall,1st Floor, PHD House, 4/2 Siri Institutional Area, August Kranti Marg, New Delhi.
- Occupational Safety & Health in Oil & Gas Sector' on Friday, June 6, 2014 at the Modi Hall, Ground Floor, PHD House, 4/2 Siri Institutional Area, August Kranti Marg, New Delhi - 110 016.
- Attended Industry dialogue on “Coal & Natural Gas Causing Changes to Olefins Industry”, 11thFebruary, 2014, organized by Petrofed, New Delhi.
- One day workshop on Future of Tri-generation BY FICCI India, 05 November, 2013 at Chamber of Commerce New Delhi.
- Attended three day Industry-Academia Interaction programme at PETRONET-LNG Dhahej Terminal, Gujarat, 13-15 March-2014.
- Industrial Visit to IOCL Panipat Refinery, 23rd July 2015(study tour of MBA 2014-16 batch).
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
- Attended FDP on “Demystifying Derivatives” from October 7-11, 2013, Department of Management Studies, MNIT, Jaipur.
- Rohit Bansal (2013), One day workshop on Future of Tri-generation BY FICCI India at Chamber New Delhi.
- Rohit Bansal, Sanjay Kar & Saroj Mishra (2014), “Comparative Financial Study between Indian & US Oil Companies: After Crisis, Eleventh International conference on management at IMT Ghaziabad, 2014.
- Rohit Bansal (2014), Empirical Analysis of Indian Volatility Index, Eleventh International conference on management at IMT Ghaziabad, 2014.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu khanna (2012), “Impact of Credit ratings, Ownership structure, and ex-ante uncertainty on IPO underpricing: A Probit regression analysis”, Indian Finance Conference 2012, Indian Institute of Management- Kolkata, 19 – 21 Dec, 2012.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu khanna (2012), “Does high credit rating effect IPO underpricing: A Probit Binary Analysis”, at COSMAR-12 BY Department of management studies, IISc, Bangalore, 16-17 Nov- 2012.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu khanna (2012), “New firm’s performance measures at the Initial public offering: A Binory logit analysis”, at International conference BY UCCMS, Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Udaipur, 19-22 Sept- 2012.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu khanna (2012), “IPO underpricing Cloud or rain: Event commencing from Bombay stock exchange”, at International conference BY SMBS at Haridwar, 23-24 June- 2012.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu khanna (2012), “Impact of financial efficiency on IPO underpricing”, at National conference IIT-Roorkee, 1-2 June- 2012.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu khanna (2012), “Firm & market specific factors affecting IPO underpricing, in International conference ICMBFS at JBIMS, Mumbai University, Mumbai- 5-6th march-2012.
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu khanna (2012), “Bank finance to SMEs: policies and issues, evidence from Saharanpur”. In national conference at SDCIEMT, Haridwar- 25feb-2012
- Rohit Bansal and Ashu khanna (2012), “Pricing mechanism and IPO Underpricing: Evidence from Bombay stock exchange” at International Conference held at ICCIEMT – 29, Jan 2012.
- Vinay Nangia, Rohit Bansal and Ashu khanna (2012), “Improving Efficiency of money resource in Higher education with reference to IITs” in International Conference IIM-INDORE 11-14, may 2011.
- Participated in D.I.T., Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Govt. of India sponsored National Program on “National Level Program on Knowledge Sharing Practices: A Management Perspective” organized by Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee on Feb. 21-23, 2011.
- AICTE sponsored “Case Based Learning in Business and Management”, organized by Centre of Quality Improvement Program, IIT Roorkee on June, 5-9, 2011.
- One Day workshop on “Econometrics for Time Series Analysis using Statistical Software”, organized by Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee on Nov., 15, 2011.
- Two days short term course under continuing education programme on “Developing Research Excellence and Awareness in management (DREAM)”, organized by department of management studies, IIT Delhi on 19th and 20th November, 2011.
- One day workshop on “Multivariate analysis and research techniques”, organized by organized by Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee on Nov, 29, 2011.