Dr. Tushar Sharma
PhD (IIT Madras)
Assistant Professor, Petroleum Engineering
PhD (2015), Petroleum Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras, India
M. Tech (2009), Petroleum Engineering, Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad, India
B. Tech (2007), Mechanical Engineering, Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow, India
- March-2015 onwards: Assistant Professor (Petroleum Engineering) at Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Rae Bareli, India.
- Jan 2015-March 2015: Senior project officer at EOR Laboratory, Petroleum Engineering Program, Department of Ocean Engineering, IIT Madras.
- November-2014: Visiting fellow, Texas A & M University at Qatar, Qatar.
- June-2009 to June-2014: Lecturer (Petroleum Engineering) at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gujarat, India.
- Nanoparticle based emulsion/foams
- Core Flooding Techniques
- Drilling Fluid and Characterization
- Rheology of polymer fluids
- Flow Assurance
- One major project on Development of polymer coated nanoparticle stabilized foams for oilfield applications. Funded by Department of Science and Technology (DST) India (period: 2015-2018).
- Event organizer of “EOR Projects in India” one day workshop conducted by ONGC India and IIT Delhi, November-2015, RGIPT Rae Bareli, India.
- Event Organizer of “Applications of Rheology in Petrochemical Industry” one day workshop conducted by International Company Anton‐Paar, Austria, August 2015, RGIPT Rae Bareli, India.
- Event Organizer of “Advancement in Petroleum Product Testing” two days’ workshop conducted by International Company Anton‐Paar, Austria, September 2013, PPDU, Gandhinagar.
- A talk on Synthesis, Characterization and Performance Evaluation of Nanoparticle Stabilized Emulsions for Enhanced Oil in Department of Petroleum Engineering, Texas A & M University at Qatar, Qatar in 2014.
- 10/2015-till date: Member, Standing Technical Committee (Petroleum Engineering), RGIPT Rae Bareli.
- 09/2015-till date: Member, Tender Evaluation Committee, RGIPT Rae Bareli.
- T. Sharma, N. Velmurugan, P. Patel, B. H. Chon, Jitendra S. Sangwai (2015). Use of Pickering Emulsion Stabilized by Nanoparticles in Combination with Polymer Flood for Enhanced Oil Recovery. Petroleum Science and Technology (Taylor and Francis). 33: 1595-1604.
- T. Sharma, G. Suresh Kumar, Bo Hyun Chon and Jitendra S. Sangwai (2015). Thermal Stability of Oil‐ in‐Water Pickering Emulsion in the Presence of Nanoparticle, Surfactant and Polymer. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry(Elsevier). 22: 324-334.
- T. Sharma, G. Suresh Kumar, Jitendra S. Sangwai (2015). Viscoelastic Properties of Oil‐in‐Water (o/w) Pickering Emulsion Stabilized by Surfactant‐Polymer and Nanoparticle‐Surfactant‐Polymer System. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research(ACS Publication). 54 (5): 1576‐1584.
- T. Sharma, G. Suresh Kumar, Jitendra S. Sangwai (2015). Comparative Effectiveness of Production Performance of Pickering Emulsion stabilized by Nanoparticle‐Surfactant‐Polymer over Surfactant‐ Polymer (SP) Flooding for Enhanced Oil Recovery for Brownfield Reservoir. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering(Elsevier). 129: 221‐232.
- T. Sharma, Jitendra S. Sangwai (2015). Interaction of Electrolyte on the Stability and Dynamic Rheological Properties of Oil‐in‐Water (O/W) Pickering Emulsion Stabilized by Nanoparticle‐ Surfactant‐Polymer (NSP) System. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (ACS publication). 54: 5842-5852.
- T. Sharma, G. Suresh Kumar and Jitendra S. Sangwai (2014). Enhanced Oil Recovery Using Oil‐in‐ Water (O/W) Emulsion Stabilized by Nanoparticle, Surfactant and Polymer in the Presence of NaCl. Geosystem Engineering(Taylor and Francis). 17 (3): 195‐205.
- T. Sharma, G. Suresh Kumar, Bo Hyun Chon and Jitendra S. Sangwai (2014). Viscosity of Oil‐in‐Water Emulsion Stabilized by Surfactant‐Polymer and Nanoparticle‐Surfactant‐Polymer (PAM) System at High Pressure and High Temperature Conditions. Korea‐Australia Rheology Journal(Springer). 26 (4): 377‐387.
- T. Sharma, G. Suresh Kumar and Jitendra S. Sangwai (2013). Oil‐water Emulsion IFT Alteration under Rotational Effect in Enhanced Oil Recovery Process. Journal of Petrotech. 8:59‐65. (Awarded for best paper).
- N. Velmurugan, G. Bansal, T. Sharma (2015). WellCON: Early Kick Detection System Extended to Kill Sheet. International Petroleum Technology Conference, 7‐9 Dec, Doha, Qatar. IPTC-18524-MS.
- N. Velmurugan, G. Bansal, T. Sharma (2015). WellCON: An Early Kick Detection System. Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference, 9-12 Nov, Abu Dhabi. SPE-177670-MS.
- T. Sharma, Jitendra S. Sangwai, G. Suresh Kumar (2014). Effect of Nanoparticle on Interfacial Tension and Temperature Stability of Surfactant Stabilized Oil in Water Emulsions.International Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition (PETROTECH 2014), 12‐15 Jan, New Delhi, India.
- T. Sharma, Jitendra S. Sangwai, G. Suresh Kumar, Aditya K. Mishra (2014). Nanoparticle Stabilized Oil‐water (o/w) Pickering Emulsion for Enhanced Oil Recovery in the Presence of Salt (NaCl). International Conference on Petroleum Science and Technology (ICPST‐2014), 3‐5 Nov, IIT Madras, Chennai, India.
- Aditya K. Mishra, G. Suresh Kumar, T. Sharma (2014). Numerical Modeling of Offshore Oil Spill Weathering Processes.International Conference on Petroleum Science and Technology (ICPST‐2014), 3‐5 Nov, IIT Madras, Chennai, India.
- G. Bansal, A. K. Jha, N. Chauhan, T. Sharma (2012). Full Field Applicability Of MWAGD Process Coupled With Horizontal Well Pair Model To Recover Extra Heavy Oil.SPE Heavy Oil Conference Canada, 12‐14 June, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. SPE‐157874‐MS.
- N. Velmurugan, T. Sharma, G. Bansal (2012). WellCON – A Safer Approach to Well Control. International Conference on Safety, 12‐13 October, IIT Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.